Sunday, February 8, 2009

Scarecrow Video

Scarecrow Video, the largest video store on the West Coast, is based in Seattle's University District. A store dedicated to the love of film - we're home to many events, members of the film community and rare movies you won't find anywhere else. With over 70,000 different titles from around the world, including a large selection of DVDs and DVD players - we have it, or we'll find it.

Film buffs, if your in the Seattle area and you are looking for films to rent or buy, I recommend you visit Scarecrow Video on Roosevelt Ave in the University District. It's the largest video store on the west coast, with over 70,00 different titles. I buy news and used and I rent (although I get a credit each time I buy a new DVD and I haven't worked through all those credits. As a result, my place is begging to look like Scarecrow Video. When I last did a random check of titles I own against Netflick's inventory, Netflicks did not have 20% of the videos or DVD's I own. I attribute that to the wonderful used selection Scarecrow has, with many hard to find items. Naturally the rentals have a great deal of hard to find items.

Here is the contact information for Scarecrow:

http://www.scarecrow.com/

The store is open 364 days a year (11:00am to 11:00pm Sunday through Thursday / 11:00am to 12:00am Friday and Saturday).
5030 Roosevelt Way N.E. / Seattle, WA 98105.
(206) 524-8554
General information: scarecrow@scarecrow.com
Sales: sales@scarecrow.com

There are many ways to keep on hand the DVD's and videos you love: a large store like Scarecrow, a Neflicks membership, the public library if you live in a large urban area, or building a large collection like me.

I'd appreciate any comments people have on their favorite video/DVD source.

No comments:

Post a Comment